Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20: (Almost) 30 Weeks!

Sorry for the lack of posting lately - there has been quite a bit going on! Plenty to write about, but I find myself dreading the weekly bump picture (I will probably add one to this post later... probably).

Last time I posted, we just had our 3D ultrasound. The next day I had a good checkup, but the doctor wanted to make sure my back pain wasn't due to kidney stones, so I went back to ultrasound the following day to check. That meant three days straight with visits to the hospital/clinic - not too big of a deal in the long run, but I am also directing the one act play at the moment, so my schedule is a bit tight. Anyway, there were no visible stones, but the ultrasound tech said my kidney was getting squished where my back hurt. Lovely! The only cure: having the baby... so I guess I will put up with it for a while longer. :)

Two days later (Sunday), Titus was playing basketball and someone's elbow landed on his chin and throat. He had to go to the ER for stitches and also had a bruised larynx. He is all better now, but I was a little anxious at the moment!

A few days after that, I wasn't feeling great. Titus went to play more basketball Wednesday night (after making many promises regarding his safety to me), and I told him I'd call if I got worse. I think he thought I was exaggerating! The next day at school I did feel worse, and I was also having many contractions. Finally during 3rd hour I counted them, and I called the nurse at lunch. She told me I needed to come in for observation, so I did.

I was given a shot to stop the contractions, and it worked, but it also had some unpleasant side effects - the worst being my heart rate and the baby's going waaaay up. (They did warn me this would happen!) Both of our heart rates were monitored the whole time, though. After a few check-ins from the doctor and many more from the nurses, I was free to leave that evening. I was even cleared to teach the next day, but lo and behold, we had a snow (actually, freezing rain) day! Usually I'd be upset that my lesson plans were messed up, but boy was I thankful for that day off!

Since then I have been feeling pretty good, and there have been no more scary moments. Well, except for the birthing class we took last Saturday - I'm pretty sure Titus found that scary. It was also his first experience changing a diaper (on a doll, however); he will have to get used to that pretty quickly!

Nursery update - my parents have been very gracious to help get the baby's room ready! My mom just finished painting the nursery yesterday, and my dad installed our closet system and a new light a few days ago. Next up: putting together the crib! I will post pictures soon!

There is the lengthy, delayed update on all things baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment